Fall 2022 we will look for three candidates who will spend a year abroad during the school year of 2023 – 2024. The below are some key dates.
- Thursday October 13, 2022 @ 7:00 P.M. at Northwestern Polytechnic room D208
- Tuesday October 18, 2022 @ 7:00 P.M. at Northwestern Polytechnic room D208
Information Nights. There is nothing to bring but your questions, maybe a notepad, and your parent(s). If you have two parents at home, best to bring both please.
If you have any questions please reach out to Rachel White by email [email protected] or cell 780-296-2882.
- November 1, 2022 Initial application is due. Please email completed application and documents to [email protected]
- November 5, 2022 – These are the days we will interview all candidates and their parent(s). It’s important all attend (candidate, parent(s).)
- November 5, 2022 – our proposed exchange students for the 2023/2024 school year are chosen! The journey of course – has just begun! Date to be confirmed and location to be announced.
- December 4, 2022 District application due (completed only by successful applicants).
- Mid January 2023 – District interview for outbound student and their parents. Mandatory for both parents and students to attend.
- Mid March 2023 – Spring Orientation for outbound student and their parents. Mandatory for student and both parents. (only successful applicants)
- End of April beginning of May – RYLE (Rotary Youth Leadership Experience) and/or RYPEN (Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment) for outbound student
February 2023 – August 2023 – attend weekly Rotary meetings whenever possible
March 2023 – students receive information about their host country
March – August 2023– begin learning a new language
August 2023 – students depart for their host country.
Mid August 2024 – rebound survivor weekend (mandatory for students and parents)