Fall 2023 we will look for three candidates who will spend a year abroad during the school year of 2024 – 2025. The below are some key dates.
- Tuesday October 3, 2023 @ 7:00 P.M. at 10101 100 Ave
- Wednesday October 11, 2023 @ 7:00 P.M. at 10101 100 Ave
Information Nights. There is nothing to bring but your questions, maybe a notepad, and your parent(s). If you have two parents at home, best to bring both please.
If you have any questions please reach out to Rachel White by email [email protected] or cell 780-296-2882.
- October 30, 2023 Initial application is due. Please email completed application and documents to [email protected]
- November 4, 2023 – This is the days we will interview all candidates and their parent(s). It’s important all attend (candidate, parent(s).)
- November 4, 2023 – our proposed exchange students for the 2024/2025 school year are chosen! The journey of course – has just begun! Date to be confirmed and location to be announced.
- November 30, 2023 District application due (completed only by successful applicants).
- Early January 2024 – District interview for outbound student and their parents. Mandatory for both parents and students to attend.
- Mid March 2024 – Spring Orientation for outbound student and their parents. Mandatory for student and both parents. (only successful applicants)
- End of April beginning of May 2024 – RYLE (Rotary Youth Leadership Experience) and/or RYPEN (Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment) for outbound student
February 2024 – August 2024 – attend weekly Rotary meetings whenever possible
March 2024 – students receive information about their host country
March – August 2024– begin learning a new language
August 2024 – students depart for their host country.
Mid August 2025 – rebound survivor weekend (mandatory for students and parents)